MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: LEADERSHIP
The School of Business supports the mission of Oakwood University by promoting excellence in providing quality Christian education for business students, enabling them to meet the challenges of the global competitive marketplace and to wholeheartedly serve God and humanity.
Oakwood’s Master of Business Administration in Leadership degree trains professionals who want to advance to executive levels in corporate, government, or private sectors. Along with standard courses in organization, strategy and finance, OU’s MBA in Leadership also explores the concept of “servant leader,” and how it applies in today’s world. The online program of 36 credits only takes 12-18 months to complete.
Graduates of Oakwood’s MBA in Leadership program will step into a career forecast of growth through 2026. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 10 percent increase in jobs for training and development managers, seven percent for sales managers, and eight percent for top-level executives. The MBA in Leadership degree also prepares graduates to work as consultants, global managers, human resource managers, and small business owners.
Completion of a graduate application
o Statement of purpose
o Three (3) letters of recommendation
o Payment of a nonrefundable application fee of $100.00.
o Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL) and score at least 500 (written test) or 173 (computer test)
A student accepted on academic provisional basis may be admitted to regular status upon the completion of 12 credit hours taken through Oakwood with a minimum grade of B in each course.
2. Students are not permitted to repeat courses in order to satisfy this requirement.
3. Students who do not satisfy this requirement will not be permitted to continue in the program. This provision does not apply to students accepted provisionally for other reasons.
A candidate must:
1. Complete an application to graduate, which must be filed with the Office of Graduate Education two months prior to the anticipated graduation date.
2. Complete a minimum of 36 semester hours in accordance with program requirements, maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
3. Complete all course requirements according to schedule and within six (6) years of initial acceptance. Part-time participants must take at least one course per semester in order to complete the program in six (6) years.
AC 530 Managerial Accounting: 3 credits
BA 560 Ethical Decision-Making: 3 credits
EC 520 Managerial Economics: 3 credits
LD 500 Introduction to Research: 3 credits
FN 540 Managerial Finance: 3 credits
BA 645 International Business: 3 credits
LD 550 Servant Leadership: 3 credits
LD 615 Strategic Leadership: 3 credits
LD 605 Leadership Innovation and Change: 3 credits
LD 625 Leadership Thought and Creativity: 3 credits
LD 635 Global Leadership: 3 credits
LD 650 Capstone: 3 credits